At GKFX our mission is to put our clients first and deliver a consistent quality of service. Our multi-lingual support team is here to help you from
7am until 6pm Monday through Friday.
Trading on margin carries a high level of risk to your capital, and you can lose more than your initial deposit. Please view our full risk warning before opening an account with us.
- Foreign Exchange, Contracts for Difference and Spread Betting with GKFX are all margin traded products. Therefore they inherently carry a high level of risk compared to other investments and as such you could rapidly lose more than your initial investment. They are all legally enforceable under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Margined trades (or bets in the case of spread betting) are trades on the price movement of a product. They settle based on the difference between the opening price and the closing price of the trade or bet. They can settle in a currency other than your base currency and therefore your profit or loss could be liable to foreign exchange fluctuations.
- You should not trade any margined product unless you fully understand all the risks involved with doing so and that you have sufficient resources available to you that in the event, however unlikely you may deem it to be, that there is an adverse movement in the price of that product that you can meet the financial obligations required by you with respect to margin payments and losses.
- Margin trading is leveraged trading that allows ‘gearing’ which means that you can place a large trade or bet by only putting up a small amount of money as margin. If the price moves in your favour you can greatly increase your profits. However even a small movement in price gainst you can lead to substantial losses and you may be required to deposit additional margin with us immediately to keep these trades open. You are liable for this and for any losses that may occur if your positions are closed. The potential losses, or profits, for margin traded products are, or could be, unlimited and this should always be considered by you when making trading decisions.
- Not all trades (or bets) can be opened or closed 24 hours a day. Many are subject to strict opening and closing times which can fluctuate. These are posted on our Market Information Sheets (MIS) which are available online and which we endeavour to keep up to date, without any obligation or liability on us to do so, or for its accuracy. For example national holidays and Daylight savings changes will affect the times when you can trade. Also a market may be suspended for a variety of reasons and during this time you will not usually be able to trade.
- You are placing trades (or bets) on our prices and not those on an exchange. Depending on the market, our prices will usually be based on an exchange price but can fluctuate away from the underlying prices due to a variety of reasons. All open trades can only be closed and settled with us.
- GKFX will hold unutilised retail customer funds in a segregated bank account. However even in a segregated account you may not be afforded complete protection. All individual client funds are subject to the Client Money Rules of the FCA, unless stated otherwise, and are guaranteed by them under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme up to a maximum of £50,000. (See Deposits / Withdrawals / Balances).
- If you are in any doubt whatsoever about any aspect of the risks involved in FX, CFDs or Spread Betting then we recommend that you seek independent professional help or advice before continuing.
- If you are considering trading in shares in a company that you work for then you should seek legal advice beforehand to ascertain that you are not in breach of any regulations.
- Margin trading is not necessarily designed to replace existing or traditional methods of investing and is therefore not suited to everyone.
If you do not have Adobe Reader you can download it by clicking here